“Wayfinder” by Infinity Shred — or Starscream, as you might have known them by before the band recently changed its name due to legal issues. This is the first single from the newly named group, and its upcoming release EP 001 (Gnar Dream), releasing May 15.
As has become customary with these music links, other chiptune stuff I’ve been meaning to mention:
When I do my homework I always throw on a little anamanguchi and your tracks. Well tonight in my Calculus studies, your music had me so focused in that I accidentally chewed through my headphones. It didn't shock me but it tasted funny. What type of headphones do you think I should replace them with?
I’d be surpised / concerned if your headphones were carrying enough voltage to shock you.
Grados are cool. I don’t have a great suggestion to be honest.
What we released as Starscream will forever be Starscream material
What we release as Infinity Shred will forever be Infinity Shred material
We plan to continue playing some Starscream material in our live sets as Infinity Shred. Legally we can’t manufacture / produce any of our already released works if the packaging says Starscream on it so we will sell out what we have left.
Rapid fire tumblr bro here with a non rapid fire question! My phone just alerted me that you added a show on April 24th, 2012 with Sid Wilson/DJ Starscream with Starscream at Ollie's Point/Revolution. Is this true!? If its a surprise or something because you haven't posted it on your site then its cool if you don't answer it. Just a concerned bro who has your back if crap goes down.
Haha def not on that show but that’d be sick if he was down to have us on a show.
Many adults are put off when youngsters pose scientific questions. Children ask why the sun is yellow, or what a dream is, or how deep you can dig a hole, or when is the world’s birthday, or why we have toes. Too many teachers and parents answer with irritation or ridicule, or quickly move on to something else. Why adults should pretend to omniscience before a five-year-old, I can’t for the life of me understand. What’s wrong with admitting that you don’t know? Children soon recognize that somehow this kind of question annoys many adults. A few more experiences like this, and another child has been lost to science.
There are many better responses. If we have an idea of the answer, we could try to explain. If we don’t, we could go to the encyclopedia or the library. Or we might say to the child: “I don’t know the answer. Maybe no one knows. Maybe when you grow up, you’ll be the first to find out.”
”—Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as the Candle in The Dark (via skaterboytae)
So stoked to have a kid and discover facts together.
Tumblr Rapid Fire Questions, we do it again! 1) What is your take on Jeremy Lin? 2) What is your favorite part about being a musician? 3) What is your opinion on people asking you questions about random stuff? 4) If Starscream could go on tour with anyone, who would it be and why? 5) What got you into Chiptune? 6) If you had to classify Starscream under a genre, which one would you chose? 7) I have an idea for a concept album but need help getting started, what advice do you have for starting?
1) Jeremy Lin is valuable to the team, even if Linsanity is over. It’s exciting to see the Knicks win at all y’know? My mom is way more in to basketball than I am though.
2) Overcoming creative goals I set for myself and being able to make things, whether it be t-shirts or records / When people say they have been inspired by our music. MY GOAL IS TO INSPIRE AND EDUCATE.
3) Ask away but make it interesting and / or meaningful. No one likes dumb asks.
4) If I had to pick one it would probably be Envy. I don’t think there needs to be a reason here.
5) My friend Dave Feldman were in a skate crew together and he happened to be from the same town as Pete from Anamanaguchi and introduced me to their music. His older brother was also in The Depreciation Guild.
6) Under only one genre I’d say we’re still very much a “rock” oriented band but who gives a fuck?
7) No. Your ideas are your own and I can’t say I’d be able to help you be more creative sadly. It will hit you when it hits you. I was inspired for the packaging / design of The Space Years limited edition CDs by looking through a stationery store. DON’T GO LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION. IT ONLY MAKES THINGS MORE DIFFICULT/UPSETTING
What was the inspiration for composing/writing The Space Years? I consider it one of the best albums of 2010, and one of the best concept albums ever.
Damn that’s high praise, thank you very much.
When we wrote, Future, and It Doesn’t Work, it felt natural to develop a written concept to accompany it. The concept on that album was the election of a third party president in the United States who came from the Space Party.
The Space Years was simply an extension of that concept by making two songs which each represented one term of the fictional presidency, hence the titles, Years (One - Four) and Years (Five - Eight)
I’ll scan the booklet that came with the limited edition copies and post it to tumblr soon!